I have been to Corfu on holiday a total of four times.Â I would happily go back again, in fact Jayne and I have thought it would be a decent place to retire to.Â Here is a little secret about the place that I will happily pass on to the likes of Osborne and Mandelson: there is a lot to do and a lot to see without having to resort to freeloading on billionaires’ yachts.
The list of things to do that are preferable to hob-nobbing with oligarchs is endless and includes:
- Renting a little hatchback and exploring the winding roads in the hills
- Enjoying a coffee while looking out over the cricket ground in Corfu town
- Going out to the beach where the scenes for James Bond were filmed
- Climbing over the rocks at Sidari
- Taking a day trip on a boat to Paxos with other (paying) travellers